Comptroller Home    
    Home Individuals Businesses Tax Professionals Careers CompNet Search
Online Services:

Individuals Tax
Estimated Tax Calculator
Extension Request
Refund Status
Unclaimed Property

Businesses Tax
Business Registration
Employer Withholding
Exemption Verification
Extension Request

Contact Information

Maryland Combined Registration Online Application

You must have a federal employer identification number (FEIN) before you can register your business, unless you are a sole proprietorship and applying for a sales and use tax license only and do not have a FEIN. Apply for a FEIN

If you are applying for a Sales and Use Tax account and you already have an existing account or you are requesting to add a Sales and Use Tax account to a consolidated account you must file a paper application. You may download the paper application here. Please fax the completed application to (410)260-7908.

If you are applying for a Sales and Use tax account for the first time, please use the interactive application found at the bottom of the page by pressing "Begin Registration".

You cannot use this online service to apply for a sales and use tax exemption certificate. You must download the paper version to apply for the exemption.

You can use this online application to register the following business tax accounts:

  • Admissions and amusement tax account
  • Income tax withholding account
  • Sales and use tax license (See note above regarding exemption certificates)
  • Use tax account
  • Tire recycling fee
  • Transient vendor license
  • Unemployment insurance account
You need to download the paper version to apply for the following:
  • Alcohol tax license
  • Tobacco tax license
  • Motor fuel tax account

Complete the paper application and mail to:

Comptroller of Maryland
Revenue Administration Center
110 Carroll Street
Annapolis, Maryland 21411-0001

Before you begin the online registration, please review some important Instructions.

Be sure to print a copy of each page during the online registration process to keep for your records. Please allow two weeks for processing the Central Registration Application. You will receive your license and coupons (if requested) by U/S. mail.

Only an authorized person may submit a registration. An authorized person is: if the business is a corporation, an officer of the corporation is authorized to submit a registration on behalf of the corporation; if a partnership, either partner is authorized to submit the registration; if an unincorporated association, any member is authorized to submit the registration; if a sole proprietorship, the proprietor/owner must submit the registration. A registration submitted by an unauthorized person will not be accepted unless received with a Power of Attorney. If a Power of Attorney is necessary, please click the following link to print the paper version of the Central Registration Application Complete the application, attach the completed Power of Attorney and fax the documents to (410) 260-7908 or mail it to: Comptroller of Maryland, Central Registration, 110 Carroll Street, Annapolis, Maryland 21411.

Power of Attorney: Please click the following link to print either of the two Power of Attorney forms that we accept:

The last day this application will be available is January 17, 2024. Starting in February, Combined Registration Online will be available at the new Maryland Tax Connect Portal.

©2024 Comptroller of Maryland. All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Give us your feedback