Comptroller of Maryland    
    Home    |     Individuals    |     Businesses    |     Tax Professionals    |      Initiatives     |      Careers     |     Search    |
Maryland Taxes
Individual Taxpayers
Business Taxpayers
Tax Professionals

Do you need to file for an Extension Request?

Welcome to the Comptroller of Maryland's Internet Extension Request Filing system. This system allows instant online electronic filing of the 500E/510E forms. An automatic extension will be granted if filed by the due date. A 7 month extension can be granted for Corporations using Form 500E and S Corporations using Form 510E. A 6 month extension can be granted for Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies and Business Trusts using Form 510E.

In order to use the online system you must meet the following eligibility requirements:

  • Have previously filed a Maryland Form 500 or 510
  • Have an estimated balance due on Line 5 of ZERO (0) on the Form 500E/510E

If you do not meet the eligibility requirements you can apply for an extension of time to file using the 500E/510E forms and following the instructions on the appropriate form.

Enter your FEIN:     

©2003 Comptroller of Maryland. All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Give us your feedback