Eligibility to use iFile  
Close Window
 You are NOT eligible to use this system if
  • You are filing a Form 500CR.
  • You are filing a Nonresident Form 505.
  • You are filing a Form 1042S.
  • You are filing Form 515 for nonresident local tax.
  • You are filing to amend a return that was previously filed on paper or another electronic source other than i-File.
  • You are filing to amend a nonresident Form 505.
  • You are claiming the Health Enterprise Zone Practitioner Credit from Form 502CR, Part G.
  • You are claiming a dependent that does not have a SSN (Social Security Number) or an ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number).
  • You are filing more than the number of forms allowed to iFile. iFile is limited to: 50 W-2s, 30 W-2Gs, 10 502CRs, 10 1099Gs and 20 1099Rs
  • You are filing Married Filing Separately or Head of Household and claiming your spouse as a dependent taxpayer based on special conditions on your Federal return.
  • You are filing a joint Maryland return and spouses reside in different local taxing areas or different states on the last day of the tax year.*
  • You are filing a joint Maryland return and spouses have different tax periods.
  • If your subtractions of Taxable Social Security and RR benefits reduces your Maryland Adjusted Gross Income to less then the minimum filing requirements.
  • If you are claiming a credit from a prior year on Form 2441.
  • You are amending your return and qualify for the high itemized deduction worksheet. This worksheet is not supported by iFile.
* If this applies to you then you may have other options available to you that would make it possible for you to use iFile. For more information see our forms assistance link.